Wednesday, September 18, 2013

With friends and the YG Family in Seoul ~ Unforgettable! Winter 2010

I have been to Seoul a couple of times that it is like my second home city. However this trip, taken in Winter 2010 was quite special to me. Firstly it was the first time, one of my best friends, Stephanie was in Seoul. So I was happy to bring her around my fave city. Also, it was great fun meeting my friends from Taiwan, USA and of course, Korea, who happened to be there at the same time. This was quite a last minute decision to travel to Seoul, and what spurred me was that my Taiwanese friend told me that she gotten YG Family Concert tics, so I guess, I had to go.

It was also the first time in my life I saw snow in my whole life! Beautiful snowflakes falling from the sky!

Highlights of the trip:

Checked out Bukchon Hanok Village, after 1 Night 2 Days featured it on an episode. Lovely traditional Korean houses with beautiful structures.



Went to a traditional tea house at Insadong with some Korean friends. Really calming and soothes your senses. 



Together with my Taiwanese friend, Yo-Yo, we explored Sungkyunkwan University, which still houses the old buildings from another era. We have included a parody video of the drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal filmed there. It doesn't really make sense. Haha.







We also headed to Museum of Contemporary Art, with some Sanchon friends and this was the magical moment when I saw snow for the first time in my life!!!!!!!



Headed to the YG Family concert with Yo-Yo. This was when PSY first joined YG. Explosive concert with great performances from 2ne1, Big Bang, PSY, Se7en and more.




Met up with good friend Stephanie, who arrived in Seoul later. Brought her to the Coffee Prince cafe at Hongdae and tried the delicious Tteokbboki at Sadang!





Also managed to squeeze in some time to visit the photo exhibition of my favourite Korean variety show, Infinity Challenge, at MBC Ilsan. Awesome photos! Love love it.




It was a great trip. Also discovering something new about my fave city and spending time with loved ones made it so much more worthwhile. I love Seoul~!





No comments:

Post a Comment